SAMSONDALE STREETSCAPE UPDATES
Updates regarding the Samsondale Streetscape Project will be posted here on a regular basis.
Latest News: As of April 01, 2019, drainage work has resumed and should be completed by the end of the month, weather permitting. All utility poles have been relocated and the transfer of wires has begun: Orange & Rockland will begin the wire transfer first, then Optimum will follow and finally Verizon will complete the transfer. Also, Orange and Rockland has started changing out the street lights. The Village is eager to see these improvements completed.
- On Monday, February 11, 2019 the Village of West Haverstraw held a public meeting to discuss the next phase of the project. Mayor D’Amelio explained that the drainage project has been started and will be completed early this spring. He answered to the residents concerns and questions regarding the cutting back of trees and fences by the DPW. He informed the group of the Pole Relocation Project which started Monday through O+R. All poles in Samsondale will be pushed back 3 ft in order to accommodate future plans to the roads. We are hopeful that by late spring all pole relocations will be completed. The Village is excited to start the next phase which will be addressing roadway conditions and additional parking!
- Suez has recently completed their water main replacement and the Village’s drainage project has been started and will be completed early this spring. With the underground phase of the project set to be completed, we will begin the next phase. In the upcoming weeks, Orange and Rockland Utilities will be relocating the utility poles in your area by moving them back approximately 3 feet. The Village Board will be holding a public meeting on Monday, February 11, 2019, at 6:00p.m. at the Village Hall to go over the project.
- The Village of West Haverstraw has awarded the drainage project to the lowest bidder, Scaffidi’s Paving & Drainage. We are hopeful the project will begin in the next few months and be completed by the end of the year. In the meantime, the utility companies are coming up with a plan for the relocation of several utility poles, when they relocate those poles they will clean up many of the unused wires. Suez is currently working on water main replacement and service transfers with an anticipated completion date by the end of October.
- B&L has submitted options of improvements in the area to the Village. The Village and B&L are working on submitting a grant application for additional funding by the middle of August. The Mayor’s office will schedule the next committee meeting around the beginning of September. Once confirmed, we will reach out to the committee.
- Power point presented at 05/22/18 meeting – Click here.
- Agenda for 05/22/18 Meeting
- Power point presented at the public information meeting on 5/2/18 – Click Here.
- Audio recording of 5/2/18 Meeting
- Public Information Meeting – May 2, 2018
- Mayor’s Letter to the Residents – 2/8/18
- 2/20/18 Meeting
- 4/2/18 Meeting
- 9/13/18 Meeting
- 9/13/18 Meeting
- Samsondale Shared Street Project
- 2nd public meeting on 10/10/18
- 2/11/19 Public Meeting